Monday 17 October 2011

Argh, no!

One of the reasons I love Sunsilk (Other than it being cheap, available and just working well) is that it’s good to mix other products in. Usually I will have something mixed into it: Sunscreen or more expensive products like the Argan oil treatment I got from Little Orca.

Well, I mixed some of the new Schwarzkopf Gliss leave in conditioner in it and started shaking it around. Immediately I could hear something was very, very wrong in the bottle.

I unscrewed the bottle and found the contents being lumped up and completely separated. Half of it being a grainy lump and the other being milky water.  


Damn!

It’s not the first time it has happened. It seems to happen once in a while when I mix two leave in conditioners together, but I have no idea what causes it or what ingredients to avoid mixing. Does anyone know?

I’m really annoyed at having ruined an almost full bottle of leave in conditioner.

Murderers!

2 comments:

  1. OMG!! I needed this laugh soooo badly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks vaguely like baby puke =/ I had the same thing happen with my make-up; my moisturizing serum doesn't go with my concealer, they clump together in little pieces just like that. I believe that it's because one is oil based and the other is water based. I do have a foundation that mixes well with the moisture serum, though, but I gave up on it because all I need is a little coverage under my eyes, so foundation is kind of useless.
    The odd thing is, both the foundation and the concealer mix well with sunscreen, so maybe I'm missing something...
    Anyway, I'm sorry for the waste of product, that really sucks. I should "patch" test my conditioners before mixing them in a bottle, too.

    Oh! Could it be that one condish has cones/protein and the other has humectants? I read somewhere that Cones and protein don't mix well with Aloe Vera (the SMT thread, I believe) and they clump together and create flakes. Could that be it?

    ReplyDelete