Friday 3 October 2014

Memebox Special #34 Whole Grain 2


Top row, left to right
Seven DIAS Medi Anti-Blemish Serum
My skin issues are in the exact opposite end of the spectrum of blemishes, so this thing will go directly into my gift/trade/sell-pile. Too bad, it actually seems like it contains some of those nice heavy hitting ingredients.

Young Face Nuruk Natural Mask & Scrub
Nuruk is a type of kneaded flour that releases konjic acid which is one of the new wonders of skincare. So far so good, but: You mix the powder with water, milk, honey or yogurt, apply the paste to your face, put a gauze mask over that, then add another layer and leave it for a while.
So not only do I have to mix it myself, I also need to purchase some gauze and cut it into shape and all?
See petty, lazy complaint at the OMG box about my dislike for DIY in beauty stuff.

Echoice Wash Oatmeal Body Scrub
Nice little body scrub with walnuts and oatmeal.

Tosowoong Timeshift Emulsion
I think I’ve never owned a real honest emulsion before? I have the toner in this line too, it came from my jackpot box. Funny coincidence. I will move the toner out of my storage and use these two together.

Bottom row, left to right
Young Face Natural Soap
Seriously, on the little pamphlet thing, this soap looks like a slice of cheese. Like a slice of pecorino cheese with some blue mould going on at the edge. Why does this thing look like a cheese? Who decided that that was the most flattering picture?

Osho Whitening Cream
This should be a prop in some sci-fi movie. Seriously. A shiny white orb with a sort of slightly reflective, glistening finish to it. It’s probably a good cream though.

Verdict
I’m pretty excited about the emulsion. 
Happy with the body scrub. 
Neutral about the cream. 
Mildly uninterested in the DIY mud mask powder-thing. 
Totally uninterested in the soap. 
The anti blemish serum just wouldn’t be right for my skin.

Hmm. Yea, I think this just adds up to a whole lot of “meh”, unfortunately.

Gotta give it to Memebox though: This box stayed on message and kept the promise as all the products contained grains, some even of several kinds.

No comments:

Post a Comment