Sunday 24 April 2016

Today's hair: Paranda

I bought myself a new pair of fatpants sweatpants and they had an annoying drawstring hidden on the inside of the elastic waist. 


As I picked it out, I thought: Hey, why not turn this into a matching paranda?
Granted, I haven't had much luck with parandas. But since I was going to toss the string out anyways, why not give it a shot?


I wasn't going to braid the three "legs", but the fabric was quite prone to tangling, so I did.


The paranda is a bit too skinny to really show up in the braid though.


And it really disappears in a bun.
I don't dislike it, but it might be too discrete for anyone to notice unless I bring it up.

2 comments:

  1. I think if it was a brighter color it would show better. But, it's cute! And I love those sweatpants :D Never designate clothing as 'fat' clothing because it will just wreck your self esteem. Weight creeps up slowly/over time. So, it will take awhile to lose. To me, you look fine! However, I am not you and I know even the thinnest people, when they even put on 3 pounds, can feel it in their bodies. So, I'm just here to tell you to not feel defeated and to mark clothing as 'comfortable' rather than 'fat' :) (as someone who has put on apx 70 pds over the past 16 yrs and am slowly whittling it away....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it...subtle but classy. The bun paranda would be a nice touch in a professional outfit.

    ReplyDelete