Saturday 7 May 2016

Matas Argan leave-in hårkur

Strange. After all my worries about not being able to find a leave in product I'm willing to pay for after the orange Sunsilk one has been discontinued (?), suddenly I find leave in conditioners everywhere I look!
Maybe it's because people are beginning to see them as "BB creams for hair"? 
No matter what, I'm not complaining!

I bought this in Matas, which is a Danish beauty chain (I think it might have a few stores in Sweden too?) on a 3 for 2 sale.
The "striped" products are their own brand and are usually quite cheap. I paid 100 DKK (Around 13 Euro and 15 USD) for all three and got 450 ml in total. Good price for this.

Danish language lesson of the day: "Hårkur" translates into "hair treatment". 


The product has a "clean", inoffensive smell. Sort of soapy, I think?

The pump dispenses a good amount of product. It's white and fairly thick, like a good cream consistency.
It offers pretty good hold but just a bit too much slip for my taste.

Ingredients
Water, cetearyl alcohol, butyrosperum parkii butter, argania spinosa kernel oil, behenoyl PG-trimonium chloride, dimethisone, cetyl palmitate, glycerin, quaternium-87, bis-cetearyl amodimethicone, cetrimonium chloride, panthenol, propylene glycol, butylene glycol, tocopheryl acetate, behentrimonium methosulfate, helianthus anuus seed extract, hexylene glycol, parfum, sodium gluconate, citric acid, lactic acid, phenoxyethanol, sodium benzoate.

Before I start commenting on COSDNA's analysis, I have to say how thrilled I am to see my old friend shea butter as ingredient #3! Very nice.
(Gosh, this takes me back some 10+ years when shea butter was all the rage in the longhair circuit!)
And argan oil comes in as #4. Really, very nice indeed.
Near the end of the list, it also contains panthenol and sunflower oil.


  • Two two's and two one's for acne.
  • One two and one one for irritant.
  • Nothing scored above a four for safety.

Not too bad.
I will definitely buy this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment