Thursday 18 August 2016

Took a day off :)

As pretty as the mornings are when I'm waiting for the bus, it felt good to get out of it today. 


I've been doing some overtime the last two weeks, almost a 60 hours work week last week. So I bet accounting doesn't complain either!

Speaking of work, my coworkers told me the buildings have a lot of ghost stories and cold spots, so I've been a "little" on edge when people start clearing out and going home in the evenings. I was warned about how the lifts "have a life on their own in the evenings and nights", going up and down and opening and closing at nothing, but it still scared the crap out of me every time.
That's one thing I definitely won't miss! Brr.

Hubby an I went to Malmöfestivalen, mostly to try some different foods, haha.

Malmö is a really strange town: Some parts of it is beautiful and really picture-worthy, other are concrete hellholes filled with people who will obviously never pay taxes.


My poor skin was definitely happy to get a day off from work too. It will probably take it a few more days to recover.
The air there is super dry from the A/C, so once I noticed, I figured I would take one of the heavy hitters from my stash: COSRX Hyaluronic Acid Hydra Power Essence. But, my skin seemed less and less happy. It made me confused, because it didn't just seem like "dry and unhappy", but "reacting to something"-unhappy. Since I knew it was aloe vera free, it made me extra confused (Some blogger complained that it didn't contain aloe vera). A few days ago I looked it up on COSDNA, and there was the problem: Hippophae Rhamnoides Water as ingredient #1. Aka. sea buckthorn. Aka the ingredient I'm the most allergic to.
Ugh.
Some 10+ years ago I used a Dr Hauschka vitamin C mask that really burned. It left my face so red and swollen that people could tell from my voice over the phone (I refused to leave the house until it had calmed down again). That's when I learned sea buckthorn is murder on my skin.
Fortunately it's super rare to find in skincare. In fact, I've only seen it in the Dr Hauschka mask and the COSRX essence. So I stopped looking for it in my ingredient lists.
Well, live and learn.

Speaking of skin stuff: I've signed up for the Asian beauty geekage! in Malmö on the 27th. Just in case any of my local readers would be interested too.
I don't really have a lot of stuff I don't use, or a lot of samples around any longer, but I packed up what I could find...

1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous morning!! Glad you had the day off! Oh, I could share some scary stories, but it sounds like you've got enough eerie feelings going on at work. Eeks! While it does make things more interesting, it's not always good if you're working alone late at night.

    ReplyDelete